Thursday, May 29, 2014

micro macrame

I saw some really cool micro macrame on Knot Just Macrame that was beautiful!  I could only ever wish to make stuff that nice.  I had recently seen a video on a leaf friendship bracelet and thought I'd try to add beads to it and see how it went.
I had to mess around with it, but I finally worked out a color and bead pattern that looked like what I was going for, and once I figured out the first one the second one was easier to put together.
these were fun to make, and I like how they turned out.  I wish I had more time for more of all the things I've been doing lately!  I'd really like to make some more of these... maybe I'll move this to the top of my when-I-have-nothing-to-do list ;)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

very beautiful

kjunese said...

Love what you did with the bracelet! It's beautiful! Would you mind sharing how to make it? Or are you selling these by any chance?

candice said...

Thanks :) I just followed the video I linked to in the post and added beads to the cords that were running along the outer edges of the bracelet.

the original video for the main part of the bracelet: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nzRR1wwuYo8&feature=youtu.be

wrapped loop for the button closure (first 3 minutes or so of this video): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=noH7jmGZ6c8