Thursday, April 18, 2013

easy pickled eggs

after doing pickled beet eggs again I wanted to see what else I could pickle eggs in that was already on hand in the fridge.
beet juice, onion powder, and sugar
 regular pickle juice
sweet gherkin juice
banana pepper juice (our favorite)
black olive juice
(Matt said this one tasted like pickled fish)
Worcestershire, apple cider vinegar, and brown sugar
pimentos, apple cider vinegar, and distilled water

they're real easy and all ya gotta do is boil your eggs, de-shell, and soak in whatever ya want for at least a day in the fridge.  I soaked mine for two days.  I also made an extra egg to cut into and check the yolk for doneness after boiling them... which mine was, but all the ones I pickled (minus the pimento) looked not quite done after I opened them.  weird.  anyway, it was fun to try different flavors but I think banana pepper is the one I'll be keeping stocked in the fridge.

No comments: