Thursday, May 3, 2012

another ongoing crochet project

I started this blanket when I was working on my doily rug and ran out of yarn but was still in a blanket mood. I remembered I had a bunch of green yarn I didn't know what to do with, so I started a blanket I could mindlessly work on when I watched TV in the evening with Matt. we got into Downton Abbey when season 1 showed up on Netflix, which is not something I'd normally watch but I really enjoyed it!

I'd say I'm about 1/4 - 1/3 of the way through this blanket and I love it the bigger it gets. Leo does, too. I was working on in beside him while we watched TV and he rested his head on it and laid still for a while. he's always liked soft things on his face and it made me feel good that he enjoyed the beginnings of this blanket :) it's got a very comforting feeling to it and I hope I have it done by the end of the year.

here's how to do the basket weave:

No comments: