Thursday, October 11, 2012

stringing beads

I've been eyeing bead spinners online for a little while now.  I wanted the kind that was wood and just spins on a post without a battery but I didn't want to spend a whole lot on it - I don't understand why they get so expensive for something so simple!  I couldn't find one at any of the local craft stores, then all of a sudden I stumbled upon one at Hobby Lobby, and I had a coupon so I paid less than $10 for it!
I strung up a 6 strand necklace in hardly any time at all to get the hang of it.  I got curved needles that you're supposed to use with the bead spinner, and it says it's for sizes 11/0 and 6/0, but I couldn't get my beads to fit over the eye :(  I ended up just curling the end of my beading wire and it worked fine, just a little slower.  guess I'll have to be on the lookout for some smaller needles.

here's a video showing how the bead spinner works.  I don't know why I didn't have this tool before now!

No comments: