Thursday, March 21, 2013

crochet rocks

I crocheted over some river rocks with embroidery floss.   turned out a lot easier than I thought it would be.  I just made a circle and then branched out with chains from there until it was big enough to cover the rock, then I decreased around the rock until I got to a stopping point or ran out of embroidery floss.  if you need more details than that, here's a post that explains how to do it.

the idea was to use them as weights for napkins or paper plates outside on picnics, but I think I'll put them in a glass container until we're out and about again.
I like how the backs look, too.  it's a little harder to crochet against the rock but once I realized it didn't have to be super tight I managed to make it work and stopped scrubbing up my hook.

No comments: