Monday, March 25, 2013

such a big boy!

Jack is growing up so fast - faster than I remember Leo growing!  at 2 months Jack was in the 90th percentile for weight, 75th for height, wearing 6 month clothes, eating what feels like all the time during the day, and now he's sleeping all by himself in his own room!!
Leo 5 months
Jack 2 months
Jack has been a much different experience than Leo was.  Jack latches and eats really well and slept pretty good through the night to begin with.  he was staying in bed with us so I could feed him through the night without getting up since I didn't need to get up for a bottle, but he kept getting bigger and when he started fussing more in his sleep I looked into some white noise to hopefully keep him calm and still so Matt and I weren't falling off the sides of the bed!
 an article I read said babies who are 4 months old reach that "magic" weight of 11 lbs. and don't need to eat so much at night anymore... Jack was over that at one month old!  I have noticed in the last month he doesn't eat as much at night so I got a Soundspa Lullaby and tried putting him in his crib one night with the rain sound going.  he went down without a fight and slept so well! :)  I woke up missing him in the middle of the night (he'd been asleep for about 3 hours) and heard him fussing a little on the monitor.  he wasn't awake and would probably have put himself back to sleep, but I needed him to eat.  I fed him and he went right back to the crib for another good stretch.  he is even fine in his room for naps during the day.
we're at a week of sleeping in the crib now and so far it's going great - which I'm happy and sad about.  I'll just have to get used to waking up and seeing him through the monitor instead of looking right at his sweet little sleeping face next to me :(  sometimes, after Matt leaves for work and Jack wakes up hungry I go bring him back to our bed to nap for an hour or so until it's time to get up, which is gonna bite me in the butt later, I'm sure! 

No comments: