Thursday, March 28, 2013

stitch markers

I needed some stitch markers for this granny square I was making, so I used some paper clips, which worked just fine, but I wanted to make them a little cuter so I curled the ends.
then I looked online to see what other wire stitch markers were out there that people were making and I found this post for making simple markers.  I like how cute and little they are :)
the plastic coating was a little finicky to work with and would tend to split on the cut ends, so I think next time I'd be a little more careful and score the plastic with a blade first and then clip the wire so it doesn't split and peel.
all in all I'm happy with how quick they worked up and the use of stuff I already had on hand.
 

5 comments:

Unknown said...

what a great idea

Unknown said...

Will definitely have a go at your stitch markers 😊

Unknown said...

Will definitely have a go at your stitch markers 😊

Unknown said...

Will definitely have a go at your stitch markers 😊

Latoya Suiter said...

Wow great idea!