it rained the day I needed to get this done, so I spread out a disposable table cloth left over from a party onto the kitchen floor. I let Leo do most of the painting because he had more patience for it than Jack did. they held the brush and I helped dip it into the paint so I could control the amount they were putting on.
we did each color as a layer, so Leo started with a green base coat, switched to a smaller brush and did blue, then Jack did a little purple, and Leo finished it off with some gold. I did their foot frints (this is how Leo says it right now) and edges in black.
they both loved the foot painting part and they were very cooperative, which I was not expecting, so I think I'll try some other painting projects with them this summer.