Thursday, July 24, 2014

quilt-as-you-go

I made a toddler size quilt out of some fabric that already had a pieced look to it.  the fabric I was given wasn't big enough to be the top by itself, so I added more squares to it and tried quilt as you go with this joining method from the Gourmet Quilter.
I'm not a rainbow and bright colors kinda person, but I really like making bold colored quilts like this, especially paired with black to make everything pop.
compared to traditional quilting like I did on my crazy quilt, it's definitely easier to work on smaller squares to join them up later.  it's also a great way to use up smaller pieces of fabric because you don't have to have a large solid backing, and you have the option for a reversible quilt.  this would make a great group project as well.  so many wins for this one!  I will keep this in mind for future quilts.

No comments: