Wednesday, October 28, 2009

this is not my cup of tea



it's my grandmothers. and yes, it has an ice cube in it... it's iced tea. I don't much care for hot tea. warm tea is alright, but it has to be in a glass, not a cup, and it HAS to be sweet.

I got 4 sets of luncheon plates and cups from the back of my mom's kitchen cabinet. I usually use the cups for my Parisian Warm Chocolate around this time of year. it's so rich and a small cup like this is perfect for it.

  • 1 cup whole milk
  • 1/3 cup heavy cream
  • 1/4 cup sugar
  • 5oz semi sweet chocolate, chopped

simmer the milk, cream, and sugar together until just bubbling. stir in the chocolate until melted - do not boil.

I throw a handful of marshmallows in the bottom of a cup and pour the hot cocoa on top. you can also top with whip cream (yes... on top of the marshmallows. use both. it's good.) and then add chocolate sprinkles. it's terribly yum-o.

1 comment:

Yahán Nabih said...

Yummy! Just perfect for those rainy cold days... :D