Thursday, July 26, 2012

1 down, 2 to go

my first trimester has been checked off the list... now I just gotta hold out for January and hope the 2nd trimester energy kicks in soon!  I feel a lot better than I did, but I feel like I skipped over the short feeling-good stage and jumped into hip and rib widening, and round ligament pains.  looking at how big I am already I'm not really surprised, but I was hoping for a bit of a break between stages of discomfort!

this is me at 14 & 20 weeks the first time, and me at 14 weeks this time!
I was expected to show quicker this time, and am fine with it since I've only gained the 5 pounds suggested for the first trimester, but am really not looking forward to the "any day now?" or "is it twins?" questions from people (I got enough of that the first time at 6 months).  why are people so rude at such a sensitive time??
at least Leo has learned to be nice to the baby and not hit momma's belly anymore this past month, and now when we ask where the baby is he rubs my belly... then his, and then daddy's if he's in the room!  Leo's becoming more and more interested in babies and other children so I'm hopeful he will be nice to the baby when he/she gets here!

No comments: