Monday, July 2, 2012

crochet cuff

I don't remember what I was searching for, but I came across this pattern online and thought it'd be a good sitting-still project that I could do while not moving and keep my mind off of things.  the pattern does say that it's a fairly small bracelet (6 1/2"), and I think mine came out a little smaller, so if you need it longer maybe add an extra row to each end or something.  it works up fairly quick, but after two I was satisfied enough to stop!
I used regular 6-strand embroidery floss ('cause that's what I had on hand) and a 3.25mm hook, which I thought was gonna be a pain in the butt, but it's not so bad to work with. I stiffened it with hairspray so it'd hold its round shape in the middle, and added a button to the end.
the next one I did with 3 colors, sorta just played it by ear for the flower part, and paid more attention to my tension.  I didn't stiffen this one so that it stayed soft (the stiffness of the first one makes me feel sick - weird, I know).
I'll probably need to give it time before wearing them since thinking about putting on jewelry is an unsettling feeling at the moment, but I'm glad I tried them out and feel a little more confident about using a smaller hook on future projects.

No comments: