Monday, November 19, 2012

breakfast treat

I buy a can of biscuits for Saturday mornings and usually make egg and cheese sandwiches with them, but one morning I woke up thinking about monkey bread.  I only had one can of biscuits and the recipe called for two, so I looked to see what else I could make that would be comparable.  I found myself on the Pillsbury recipe site and found this recipe.  I tweaked it a bit and left out the nuts and lemon (didn't have those) and used craisins instead of raisins (didn't have those either) and added brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, and doubled the butter! O:)  the biscuits I had were the honey butter layer biscuits, which are bigger than what the recipe called for.
I put the craisins in the bottom of the pan, threw the sugar coated biscuit pieces on top, sprinkled the rest of the sugar and spice on top of that and drizzled the melted butter over the whole thing.  it smelled sooo good while it was baking!
Leo kept checking the oven window for me and saying "Mmmmm!" :)  when it came out it wasn't very gooey and caramelized like I expected, so I made a simple glaze and drizzled that on top and then I was saying "Mmmmm!", too :)

No comments: