Monday, November 26, 2012

caramel apples


I remember making caramel apples once as a kid with the cheater wraps ya buy in a package.  I've been wanting to make some so I watched videos and looked at pictures and read tips and tricks from other people, only to fail and go buy the wraps in the end!
I used Granny Smith, Red Delicious, and Jonagold apples. I taped the stickers to the sticks so you knew if you were getting a red or green apple.
I left some plain, added nuts and chocolate to some, and crushed cookies to others.  I liquefied the failed caramel a bit and made dipping sauce for plain slices - this is how I prefer to eat them!  I was told the decorated apples were great, but I think I'd rather just look at them than attempt to eat them :)
I've never been a big fan of apples except for Pink Ladies, but with caramel they're definitely a snack I don't mind eating when I can't get the apples I like!

No comments: