Thursday, November 22, 2012

thankful

often I get wrapped up in the holidays and forget that Thanksgiving is about being thankful and not about what we're going to wear, what I'm going to cook/bake, how the house looks, what time we're eating, why the neighbors have had their freakin' Christmas decorations up since the beginning of November, etc..  I might think of one thing I'm thankful for when asked as we're sitting around the table, but not on a daily basis, and we have so much to be thankful for, so here's my list leading up to Thanksgiving of the things I was grateful for this past month:

Nov. 1st - that Matt came home early from work and took care of me when I was sick.
Nov. 2nd - sleeping in, even for just half an hour.
Nov. 3rd - raspberry sweet tea and cheesecake bites from Sonic.
Nov. 4th - having an extra hour to get ready for church.
Nov. 5th - clean bed sheets.
Nov. 6th - afternoons that I can just do whatever and not worry about what needs to get done.
Nov. 7th - running errands alone.
Nov. 8th - when my dad comes to visit.
Nov. 9th - free time.
Nov. 10th - my handy husband.
Nov. 11th - uninterrupted naps.
Nov. 12th - cooler weather.
Nov. 13th - a holiday to use as an excuse to buy a new outfit!
Nov. 14th - when Leo wants to just sit and read books.
Nov. 15th - sitting outside in the swing.
Nov. 16th - hearing Leo say new words.
Nov. 17th - friends and family.
Nov. 18th - getting photos printed in an hour.
Nov. 19th - our awesome car.
Nov. 20th - visiting with Nana.
Nov. 21st - changes.
Nov. 22nd - mom's cooking.
hope you all have a wonderful day!

No comments: