Thursday, May 30, 2013

photo pocket mirror

I found some pocket mirrors at Michael's and thought they'd be really cute gifts for Mother's Day if I put pictures on the fronts.
I peeled the front part off - this wasn't easy and I had to be careful not to scuff the outer rim, which I did on all but one of them no matter how hard I tried to avoid it - and cleaned as much sticky off the inside as I could.  that turned out to be a waste of time because it didn't really matter if there was residue on it.
I printed off a photo slightly smaller than the inside of the indent, then laminated, and trimmed it to size.
then I put doubled sided carpet tape (found it at Home Depot in the flooring department) on the back (that stuff was super sticky!) and stuck it to the front of the mirror.
it wasn't exactly how I imagined it, but it was still cute!

No comments: