Thursday, July 11, 2013

lemon blueberry bread

I was up late last night and saw this recipe from Sweet Pea's Kitchen on Facebook for lemon blueberry bread.  it looked so good, and I was going to the grocery store in the morning anyway, so I whipped it up today after we got home from Jack's 6 month checkup.
when I tasted the batter it reminded me of some bread a friend of mine gave me last summer.  possibly the same recipe, I dunno.  the thing I did different from the recipe was melted butter instead of oil... because I didn't have any, but it came out alright as far as I can tell.  took over an hour to bake, which might be the difference, also not sure my pan was the right size, so I'll try it with oil next time to see how it does and maybe divide the batter in two smaller loaf pans.
Matt doesn't like lemon so this might be all for me and Leo, and that's totally fine with me!  this is definitely one for my recipe book.

No comments: